Gundogs are a popular feature at this year’s Highclere Show, from the Gundog Scurries to the BASC Scurry League, there will be a whole host of exciting challenges to sign up to.
How it works
Once the dog crosses over the line the clock starts; each return over the line stops the clock. Dogs maybe kept on leads or held.
Cost to take part
|Open Daily competition
|£2.50 per run
|Novice handler & Dog competition
|£2.50 per run
|£2 per run
|Scurry League Qualifier competition
|£3 for entry card + £2.50 per run
BASC Scurry Rules
- The BASC scurries are open to gundog breeds (including recognised crosses of these breeds).
- Prizes will be awarded each day.
- Only one prize place per dog and handler, per scurry (e.g. the Long Retrieve would be one scurry) per day.
- A dog may not win more than one prize per individual scurry (per day), even with a different handler.
- The Junior competition is open to those 16 and under.
- In order to enter the Novice competition the handler and dog must not have been placed in a scurry event previously.
- A scurry is a timed event. Over the line starts the clock. Each return over the line stops the clock.
- Do not send the dog until told by the time keeper/official that you can.
- Dogs maybe kept on leads or held.
- If a dog ‘runs in’, then the run/entry is void.
- Some scurries may include a distraction or a specified order of retrieving. In such circumstances, if the distraction or a retrieve is picked out of sequence then the run/entry is void.
- Fastest dog wins.
- No harsh handling of dogs permitted, mistreatment will not be tolerated.
- No limit on entries – however should the organisers feel that excessive competing of a dog may be injurious to that dog’s wellbeing an entry will be declined.
- Anyone knowing of their dogs being in contact with infectious diseases must not attend the scurry.
- Bitches in season will not be allowed to participate in the competition.
- Any dishonest or discreditable conduct will result in disqualification.
- The organiser’s decision in relation to any matters arising is final.